Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Chicken Run!

This weekend we worked on getting the chicken run built before winter really sets in, and the other food sources become scarce for the predators!  I personally don't want every fox, raccoon, coyote and other predator in the area to see my chickens as an easy meal!

Hubby and I picked up some supplies from my grandmother's and we got to work!  We used some old rebar panels, t-posts, and some wooden posts to make a fairly large fenced in area between the coop and the new building.  Hubby has decided that he is going to get a larger building, so I am going to get the new building for a bigger coop eventually.  We decided that since it was going to be a coop in the future, it would be easier if we went ahead and included it in the run layout!

I am very satisfied with the way it turned out, although we will probably end up setting some more wooden posts and putting wooden boards on the rest of the sides instead of just the front.  Also, the small coop we are using for quarantine will probably be taken down and we will have to fix that corner.  I am excited with all the new changes that we have gotten accomplished!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments, and I enjoy reading each and every one! Thank you for joining us on our journey!