Saturday, February 15, 2014

Snow days February 2014



This week we had a major (for us) snow storm!  In a little over 24 hours we were covered in 13 inches of snow!  Normally, we only get 2-5 inches at a time, so this was a big deal!  My kids have never seen this much snow before and were loving it!  The dogs and the chickens weren't so thrilled....













 The dogs romped with the kids, but were less than enthusiastic.  They didn't want to stay out too long, and took refuge under the porch!

















The chickens HATED the snow!  They viewed it as the white death!  For the first couple of days, they stayed in our under the coop and wouldn't come out into the snow at all... I did put up a tarp, but overnight when I didn't go down every little bit to knock the snow off, it became to heavy and fell.  Oh well, I tried!  On Friday, I did go down and shovel some of the snow out of the way and threw some leaf litter on top of the snow.  They ventured out and started scratching around once the white was covered!  Silly chickens!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments, and I enjoy reading each and every one! Thank you for joining us on our journey!